13. You can work anywhere - all you need is a laptop (though wifi is a plus).
12. You can claim other erotic romances as business expenses on your tax returns.
11. Watching an HBO series on TV can be safely considered as work (especially if you are taking notes).
10. If your significant other catches you drooling over a picture of Aleksandr Skarsgard, you can tell him/her you're just using the actor as a model for your MMC.
9. You get to shock people every time someone asks "What do you do for a living?"
8. If someone sees porn in your internet browsing history, you can tell them it's research.
7. You get to look up a all the different ways to describe a penis.
6. Ditto breasts.
5. Ditto vagina.
4. You have an excuse to look up BDSM equipment. How else will you become the next E.L. James?
3. You get to have quasi-serious discussions on writer's forums about oral sex.
2. You can tell your significant other that leaving you alone to work on your manuscript is in his/her best interest (and they actually believe you).
1. Your parents NEVER ask you about your work.
Check out this month’s other bloggers, all of whom have posted or will post their own responses:
orion_mk3 - http://nonexistentbooks.wordpress.com (link to post)
Ralph Pines - http://ralfast.wordpress.com (link to post)
SRHowen - http://srhowen1.blogspot.com/ (link to post)
areteus - http://lurkingmusings.wordpress.com/ (link to post)
angyl78 - http://jelyzabeth.wordpress.com/ (link to post)
Amanda R.: http://www.twoamericansinchina.com/ (link to post)
randi.lee - http://emotionalnovel.blogspot.com/ (link to post)
ConnieBDowell - http://bookechoes.com/ (link to post)
writingismypassion - http://charityfaye.blogspot.com/ (link to post)
Araevno - http://www.simonpclark.com/ (link to post)
Briony-zisaya - http://fantasywriterwannabe.blogspot.com/ (link to post)
Kewii - http://kellyneeson.blogspot.com/ (link to post)
katci13 - http://www.krystalsquared.net/ (link to post)
HistorySleuth - http://historysleuth.org/ (link to post)
bmadsen - http://hospitaloflife.wordpress.com/ (link to post)
pyrosama - http://matrix-hole.blogspot.com/ (link to post)
gell214 - http://gelliswriting.blogspot.com/ (link to post)